Saturday, August 10, 2013

Fwd: I'm feeling small---got to watch!!!!!! Hubble needs Shuttle!



Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Gary Johnson" <gjohnson144@comcast.net>
Date: August 10, 2013 3:35:20 PM GMT-06:00
To: "Gary Johnson" <gjohnson144@comcast.net>
Subject: FW: I'm feeling small

From: William Bates  
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2013 6:08 PM
To: William Bates
Subject: I'm feeling small

 

I am sure this has been around before but, please take time to watch and listen….Mind boggling. 

Kinda makes whatever was bothering you today seem a little less important doesn't it?

 

William Bates

 

Amazing     But I can't understand it all….mind boggling…

This is showing galaxies, not stars…each galaxy has billions of stars… the thought of infinity is beyond my comprehension

  

In 1960 I was told we knew of 17 galaxies in the Universe....check what has happened since then.......FWR
In 1996
astronomers pointed the Hubble
Space Telescope at what appeared to be
absolutely nothing and left it there for 10
days, and then in 2004, they did it again for 11
days. This time they pointed the Hubble toward
another seemingly black, empty "nothing" area.

http://www.flixxy.com/hubble-ultra-deep-field-3d.htm



 

No comments:

Post a Comment